Finding the best shipping company for your vehicle is only a piece of the puzzle. The other side to this story is how to find a reliable and smart way to ship your vehicle from place to place. Working with the right shipping company for that journey must guarantee safe transit, timely pickup, and on-time arrival of the vehicle in the customer’s hands.
To help you ship a vehicle from Quebec to Los Angeles safely, this article lists out some basic guidelines to follow whilst making your way through.
Tips For Hiring a Car Transport Company For Quebec to Los Angeles Shipping:
- Cross-Country Specialization: The most important thing to do before anything else is hire a car transport company specializing in cross-country shipping. This type of company will ship your vehicle in a timely manner. They’ll better plan their route to ensure the vehicle arrives faster. Plus, they will have the right experience and equipment to facilitate multiple car transports for such a long distance.
- They Should Have a Good Online Reputation: One of the best ways to check if a car transport company has a good online reputation is by checking the reviews posted on online review sites. You can search for these companies online and read through the reviews posted on sites like Yelp, BirdEye, BBB, and Google to see what people are saying about them. Read through the reviews carefully, and you’ll get an idea of how good of a company they are. If there are many complaints, it’s a clear sign that you shouldn’t work with that company.
- Ask for References: This is another good way to check if they have a good reputation. After all, you don’t want to hire a company that will charge you for the service and then not be able to live up to the promised delivery time.
- Ask For a Multiple Car Shipping Discount: If you’re planning to ship more than one vehicle from Quebec to Los Angeles, it’s always good to ask for multiple car shipping discounts. The reason being is most car transport companies, at least the good ones, offer a discount for multiple vehicle transport. The more vehicles, the higher the discount.
- Ask For Pick-up Date Guarantee: Make sure to ask if they’ve shipped vehicles from Quebec to Los Angeles before and how long will it take to ship yours. You need to ensure they don’t delay car pickups as it can cause massive delays, especially if you’re shipping multiple vehicles to different places in Los Angeles. It’s better to ask for a pickup date guarantee, which can increase the cost a little, but your car will be picked up right on time.
- Ask For Insurance: Ask about their insurance coverage and ask if they have cargo insurance. If so, how much is the coverage for each car (if shipping multiple vehicles), and what risks are covered. This way, you can make sure that your vehicle will arrive at its destination safely.
Before you move your vehicle, make sure that all the necessary documents are in order and that the paperwork is signed and stamped. Your car transport company should tell you the required documents, including car title, proof of ownership, insurance proof, sale deed, identification, etc.
Try to get a price binding quote where the price stays the same after the car is delivered. This is because many car transport companies may increase the cost a little at the end because the regular quote is just an estimation.