Terms & Conditions
1. Pickup and delivery is “door-to-door”, unless residential area restrictions apply, or you agree to meet carrier at a more convenient location for a lower “cash-on-delivery” price (COD). If your vehicle(s) is inoperable or oversize (dual or over-size wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), please inquire as to extra charges, as they may cause an increase in price upon delivery to the carrier. If the carrier is not advised prior to pick- up of inoperable or over-sized vehicles, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order made payable to the delivery company assigned, and due upon delivery. It is the client’s responsibility to make sure the vehicle(s) is in proper working order.
2. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. agrees to have vehicle(s), as described on quotation, shipped on, or close to, the dates requested by the client(s). Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will make every effort possible to ship vehicle(s) on the requested date, but can in no way guarantee an exact pick-up or drop-off date due to “Acts of God”, traffic, accidents, inclement weather, and other situations outside of our express control.
3. By signing this document, or clicking on the “I Agree to Terms and Conditions Below/Submit Order” button, you declare that you are the owner, or an authorized agent of the owner, and have authority to make decisions and arrangements for shipping the owner's vehicle(s). Client warrants that he or she is the legal owner of the vehicle(s), or that he or she has been duly authorized by the legal owner to enter into this agreement with Canadian Car Shipping, Inc.
4. Carrier’s responsibility begins when the client, or his authorized agent, signs the bill of lading at pick-up. Responsibility terminates when the client, or their agent, signs the bill of lading at delivery. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. must be notified should the client be unavailable for pick-up or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time. If a carrier is sent out and the vehicle(s) cannot be picked up for any reason at all, there will be an additional $150.00 rescheduling (dry-run) fee. All carriers are pre-screened, and are required to maintain between $100,000 and $250,000 in full-coverage insurance.
5. All vehicles that are delivered with an outstanding balance due shall be paid by CASH, MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER'S CHECK ONLY. Outstanding balance due shall be paid solely in US funds, and immediately upon delivery. In the case of off-shore shipments, or PRE-PAY shipments, the total balance must be paid both in full and in advance. Should delivery be attempted, after attempted notification (3- to 24-hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by client) if client, or his or her agent, does not have proper funds, or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) may be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the driver; at which point the client, or agent for the client, will have to retrieve and pay for the storage, or pay a redelivery fee.
6. Client is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport. All loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is the client’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., or its agents, will not be responsible for vandalism or “Acts of God” (including, but not limited to: fire, flooding, hail, sandstorms, tornadoes, earthquakes, and objects flying from the road or sky during transport). Clients should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., or its agents, will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., or its agents, from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknownst to Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the client.
7. If damage should occur, all monies owed for transport must be paid to initiate claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by the driver and the client, regardless of weather or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage, or failing to sign the bill of lading upon receipt of the vehicle, verifies that the client, or his or her agent, has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., and its agents, are relieved of any further responsibility. Client, or his or her agent, must check the vehicle thoroughly.
8. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. must be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Client must submit, in writing, a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates for repairs within 10 days of delivery directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If the client's vehicle is valued at above standard market value, then we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider. Such a rider may be provided by Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. or one of its agents.
9. Any claim or controversy arising from, or relating to, this agreement, or the performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Mahoning County, Ohio. Client specifically waives any right to have this matter resolved in any other location. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., Inc. can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your transport order. In no case can Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will provide carrier's insurance certificate and carrier information should a controversy arise.
10. Refund/Cancellation Policy: In the event that we are not able to get your vehicle(s) assigned to a carrier within the time frame allotted by the particular transport program chosen by the client, you have the option of keeping your order in an active status, and Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will continue to make every effort to complete its obligations. The client also has the right of cancellation with no monies owed to Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. However, If you cancel before your first available pick-up date, or within designated pick-up window for the program chosen, a $75.00 dollar “cancellation/administrative” fee will be applied to the credit card on file, no other monies will be owed, and the order will be canceled. Once a carrier has been assigned for the pick-up and transport of the vehicle, at the agreed upon price between client and carrier, the client’s card will then be charged the agreed upon deposit for the program chosen by the client. If the client is determined to be “double-booked”, and posted on Central Dispatch with a company other than Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., then the client must have the other posting removed, and the pick-up window will re-initiate; or Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. has the right to cancel the order and charge the card on file a $150.00 double-booking fee. IF YOUR VEHICLES(S) HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED, A REFUND WILL BE VOIDED IN THE AMOUNT OF SAID DEPOSIT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS AND PUT TOWARDS REIMBURSEMENT OF ASSIGNED CARRIER DUE TO DRY RUN FEES AND ADMINISTRATIVE FEES. The refund process may take 10-14 business days before it is resolved and refunded back to the same credit/debit card charged. If a Dispute or Chargeback is done before the refund takes place the Dispute / Chargeback will void any refund request and the Dispute process may hold funds for 90 business days. We ask that you follow the company policies during a refund request to avoid delays .
(b) Chargeback Policy: Shipper warrants that they will pay the price quoted due Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. for dispatched and delivered vehicles, and will not seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any disputed claims if chargeback is attempted, Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will have full legal authority to have our legal representation submit outstanding balances to collections and report to major credit bureaus. Damage Claims: Department of Transportation regulations require that all claims be filed in writing and all tariffs be paid in full before damage claim can be processed.
11. Program deposits and windows for pick-up are as follows:
a) DIY Program- This program has a one-time, up-front, listing fee of $150.00. This program has a 1-14 day pick-up window, or longer, if client so wishes to continue the window, and continue bidding on the listed price to the carrier. The window for pick-up begins on the first date the vehicle is listed as available for retrieval by the carrier. (Carriers have a 2 day grace period to pick up the vehicle and to delivery the vehicle for emergencies , weather, traffic , or truck conditions. At Canadian Car Shipping, Inc., the customers and carriers safety are priority number one ) The client will be given a suggested range of prices that could be reasonably expected to result in the client's bid being accepted by a carrier. The client is not responsible for any monies or deposits owed if he or she starts the bidding within the range of suggested price and this does not result in the acceptance of the bid by a carrier. If the client begins the bidding below the suggested price, and never offers above the suggested price, and no carrier is assigned, or client cancels the order, then a $75.00 dollar cancellation/administrative fee will be applied to the credit card on file.
b) Priority Shipping Program- This program has a no money down deposit of $195.00. This program has a 1-5 BUSINESS day pick-up window, or longer, if client so wishes to continue the window, and continue bidding on the listed price to the carrier. The window for pick-up begins on the first date the vehicle is listed as available for retrieval by the carrier. (Carriers have a 2 day grace period to pick up the vehicle and to delivery the vehicle for emergencies , weather, traffic , or truck conditions. At Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. the customers and carriers safety are priority number one ) The client will be given a flat rate for priority shipping. The client is not responsible for any monies or deposits owed if he or she starts the bidding at the flat rate price, and this does not result in the acceptance of the bid by a carrier. If the client begins the bidding below the flat rate price, and never offers the flat rate price, and no carrier is assigned, or client cancels the order, then a $75.00 dollar cancellation/administrative fee will be applied to the credit card on file. ALL CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS MUST BE DONE IN WRITING AND SENT TO [email protected]
12. PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE: Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. will match any price quoted by another “5-star” rated company on TransportReviews.com. The matched price is only valid for up to 5 days. If a carrier cannot be dispatched within the 5 days, the matched price will go up to the originally quoted price. If the order is canceled, a $75.00 cancellation/administrative fee will be applied to the credit card on file. The client understands and agrees to pay up to a 40% collection fee on any outstanding balances due that are turned over to a collection agency.
13. This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the shipments of the aforementioned vehicle. This contract supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or negotiations between Canadian Car Shipping, Inc. and the client, whether written or oral. This contract can only be amended through a written document formally executed by all parties.